Junior Front End Developer
£20,000 – £25,000 [DOE]
Job Type: Full-time
Do you know your div from your flex? Search Stack has an exciting opportunity for a junior front-end developer to join our team!
We’re looking for an ambitious individual with a creative flair to help us deliver outstanding websites and graphic designs for our growing client base.
Our ideal person will have a passion for graphic design, and a desire to expand their skill base by getting that design thinking down into code.
You’ll ideally have some experience with design and code, whether that’s from university, college, freelance work, or personal projects, as we’ll be keen to get your help with our ongoing client commitments from the get-go.
If you get excited about coding awesome-looking websites, consistently building your skill level and taking ownership of some very exciting projects, then we’re the right company for you!
We’re a purpose-driven creative digital agency that specialises in the Recruitment space. We help ambitious agencies find their voice and stand out in their crowded markets through impactful web design and engaging content that’s underpinned by strategy brought about by years of experience.
We’re a small but hard-working team of 4, based out of an office in Folkestone, Kent. We have 3 core values for how we work:
We never stop learning, adapting, and changing with the times. In our fast-paced industry, we must take the time to grow our skills and get ahead of the curve.
Going the extra mile:
We always see where we can do better. We’re perfectionists who are passionate about the projects we take on, so if it will make a difference, however small, we’ll make it happen for the betterment of our clients.
Challenge through honesty
We don’t beat around the bush. Our work succeeds when we challenge and push ourselves and each other. We’re honest with ourselves internally and work best by being honest with our clients too. Our best work comes through us challenging what we think we know.
You’ll play a direct role in the growth of our business, helping to deliver top-quality marketing solutions for our growing client base.
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping with ongoing website development work
- Maintaining existing websites and ongoing maintenance activities
- Teaching clients how to use backend CMS
- Helping set up website for new projects
- Wireframing and prototyping website alongside director
- Using Figma for website project design
- Experimenting and building cool tools and projects
- Growing your knowledge in coding every day
- Playing a pivotal part in the growth and success of the business
What we need from you
- Some working knowledge of WordPress CMS (We can teach you this)
- Able to translate designs into code
- Understanding of web design principles
- Understanding of web accessibility
- Good eye for design and ability to create eye-catching designs
- Some use of prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Sketch, or Figma
We don’t need you to be an expert at all of these, we’ll always be here to mentor, support, and train you as you grow into your new role, so knowing when to ask questions for the sake of productivity is a must, and never be afraid to ask for help.
As we’re a small team we’ll give you room to grow and learn, if you want to test out different sides of the business etc then we’ll be able to help facilitate that.
- 32 days holiday (Including bank holidays)
- Book + course self-development budget
- Always get your birthday off
- Flexible working
- Self-development days
- Dog-friendly office
- Quarterly company days out
- Charitable leave (4 days per year to take off to do charity work)#
The interview process
Please start by sending us a CV, and potentially a portfolio of any design/code work you may have completed.
Any promising applicants will be contacted via zoom by our director Haydn to discuss your suitability for the company as well as some technical coding questions to gauge skill level, live coding may be required.
The next step is that we’ll invite you in for a face-to-face interview at our office in Folkestone to get more into the details of your experience and the position.
We’ll then you a small piece of homework, just to test your coding ability and how you will tackle a project.
We’ll then host a final relaxed interview so you can meet the team and discuss any final points before we offer you the role.
Applications will close on 1st December 2022
If you’re excited about the prospect of working with us then do not hesitate to submit the form below or email email@example.com.
Apply today, submit the form below and we'll get in touch with you.